Tuesday, December 23, 2014

No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie

Hey friends! I hope you are done with your holiday shopping, baking, buying gifts, wrapping gifts and thousand and one activities that this season demands. I know, I know, its too much of work loaded in few days. And then you remember that you have not done the cookies for Santa! No worries, this year I will make these no bake cookies for the jolly ol man to snack. They are super easy, sugar free and yes they are no bake. These are perfect for that tiny 3 o'clock hunger, or post workout snack. 

And did I tell that they are less than 5 ingredients? You cannot go wrong with these.

Ingredients

Peanut - 1/4 cup, roasted
Peanut butter - 1/4 cup, (I used creamy one)
Dates - 10-12, pitted
Sea salt - A pinch



I roasted the peanuts on dry pan and skinned them, mostly.



Pulse the peanuts in your food processor,  2-3 minutes, till they are smooth but chunky. 

Add the dates to it and pulse for a minute or two. You might need to scrap of the sides. It can be too sticky, so you can add a tablespoon or two of warm water.

Add the peanut butter and give a pulse. Mix all well and pulse once more.

Word of caution, do not put all three together and pulse. It gets very difficult and sticky. yes, I did that first time and learned my lesson.


Take a tablespoon of this mix, roll in a ball in between palms and press it flat in form of cookie. Keep in refrigerator for 1-2 h to harden a bit.


This usually makes about 10-12 cookies of the size shown, but I may have ate almost half of it.

 Its delicious!


 Serve it with warm milk for yourself or for friends and family and yes of course for this old man too.

Happy Holidays to all my friends! 

2 comments:

  1. The cookies sound very delicious Sanhita. Love anything with peanut butter :)

    Happy Holidays and a Great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priya, its so nice to hear from you after a long time! How are you doing? Thanks for your nice words. And a wonderful holiday and new year to you too.

      Delete