Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Banana Oats Cookies

Okay gals, without any doubt this is the healthiest recipe I have on my blog. As I said before, I am trying to cut back on processed foods. I am not very happy to say that I am not even close enough, but I keep trying to substitute as much as possible with healthy versions. There are many variations of this cookie in the internet, I went through few of them and made this batch. Many recipes call for sugar, some do not. I very bravely omitted the sugar at last after having several self-talks. I almost added 1/4 c sugar but at the end, I am glad that I did not. This recipes tastes so good even without sugar. These are perfect at breakfast with a glass of milk, or as an afternoon snack with tea or coffee.

You can pack some for a nice gift for your friends.

Ingredients
Makes 12 cookies

Oats - 1 and 1/2 cup
Bananas - 3 medium
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Almonds- 1/4 cup, chopped
Raisins - Fistful
Vanilla-1/2 teaspoon


Mash the bananas well, few chunks are absolutely okay. I used very ripe bananas, if yours are not ripe enough, you may add 2 tablespoon of sugar.

Add the oats to it and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips to it. I did not have any chips, so used regular bar of chocolate.

Add the chopped nuts, raisins and vanilla to it. Mix well.


Roll them in whatever shape you like. Grease a baking pan and spread on it.


Preheat oven at 180 C. Bake them for 15 minutes or till golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes more.


Tastes best straight out of oven. Also it is very good after school snacks for hungry kids. Not to forget it is equally good for my odd hours hunger pangs.



1 comment: